Load or unload chemicals into or from tank cars or trucks, using material moving equipment. May perform a variety of other tasks relating to shipping or receiving of products. May gauge or sample storage tanks and observe them for leaks.
- Verify tank car or truck load numbers to ensure car placement accuracy based on written or verbal instructions.
- Operate loading and unloading equipment, hoses, conveyors, hoists, and other specialized material handling equipment such as tank car unloading or loading.
- Monitor product movement to and from storage tanks, coordinating activities with other workers to ensure constant product flow.
- Record operating data such as products and quantities pumped, gauge readings, and operating times, manually or using computers.
- Check conditions and weights of vessels to ensure cleanliness and compliance with loading or unloading procedures.
- Operate industrial trucks, tractors, loaders and other equipment to transport materials to and from transportation vehicles and loading docks, and to store and retrieve materials in warehouses.
- Seal outlet valves on tank cars and trucks.
- Draw sample from tankers to be submitted to lab for approval.
- Follow established unloading/loading procedures including using appropriate equipment/safety measures/PPE, as required.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to work independently or in team environment