The Analytical Chemist will be responsible for supporting the R&D Life Sciences Department in the development of new and optimization of new product lines by analyzing compounds to determine chemical composition, structure-property relationships, thermal properties by utilizing spectroscopic and chromatographic techniques. The Analytical Chemist must be able to objectively communicate analytical findings in a manner that will be clearly understood by all project team members (internal and external), regardless of technical background. The Analytical Chemist will be expected to support Ortec’s Guiding Principles while solving analytical challenges for Ortec’s Life Science Division.
- Comply and enforce safety & environmental guidelines and laws to all Plant/Lab personnel
- Perform analytical test of R&D products, raw materials and stability samples using instrumentation, such as, HPLC, GC, UV/Vis, FT-IR, Karl Fisher, capillary viscosity, NMR, titrations
- Prepare and execute analytical method development plans, validation documents and test method documentation for GMP regulated products
- Review laboratory data for accuracy, consistency and completeness; identify results with potential issues requiring further investigation
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to conduct analyses of research projects, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests
- Coordinate and advise laboratory personnel in test procedures for analyzing components and physical properties of materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organic chemistry. Interpret and communicate analytical analysis via chemistry concepts
- Prepare summary reports from laboratory data to ensure compliance with cGMP and GLP requirements.
- Scientific literature searching and technical data management
- 2+ years’ experience in cGMP analytical or synthetic laboratory. Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Advanced degree required, BS +10 years’ experience, MS +5 years, PhD +3 years, (preference will be given to those with degrees chemistry, chemical, & material sciences)
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical instrumentation theory and practice, specifically, GC, GC/MS, HPLC, NMR and FT-IR.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently to deliver on project goals
- Working knowledge of Empower, Chem Station, and MestReNova Software