This position will perform electrical and controls maintenance on utilities and production equipment in a manufacturing plant. They will install, maintain, calibrate process electrical / controls / monitoring devices with the ability to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions through the PLC system. In addition, they will be expected to interface with chemist, operations and management to support the production process in a safe manner.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and calibrates electrical sensors including: inductive, capacitive, magnetic, pressure, temperature, weight and position sensors.
- Performs electrical, instrumentation and/or automation maintenance repairs including electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, PLC troubleshooting, and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair of all site equipment.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and commissions all electrical control devices including: AC drives, DC drives, contactors, motors, breakers, solenoids power supplies and indicator lights.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and commissions all PLC/HMI based hardware including: processors, discrete and analog I/O cards, power supplies, network adapters, Distributed I/O, dedicated operator interfaces such as Panel view, PC based interfaces and message displays.
- Makes small program changes in PLC’s logic and HMI’s programs to aid in the diagnosis and repair of machine problems.
- Makes wiring/programming changes on all production equipment as required.
- Performs electrical preventative maintenance at scheduled intervals as assigned.
- Utilizes meters and oscilloscopes to identify electrical problems.
- Reads electrical schematics.
- Reads HMI software to identify its effects on the equipment.
- Follows data and signals from one controller to another over various networks.
- Read and understand both P&ID’s and technical manuals.
- Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of a 2-year technical degree (Associates Degree in Mechatronics, IET, EET), and/or has 5+ years’ experience in industrial electrical and controls maintenance environment. High level Controls Technician experience a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of electrical theory and principles of operation.
- Solid knowledge of three phase, single phase, and DC power.
- Advanced knowledge of all controller-based hardware and software.