The Research Scientist I and II or Chemist will work very closely with the R&D Manager to fulfill various project goals.
- Research, develop and prove feasibility of new products in relation to monomer and polymer synthesis
- Evaluate analytical data of R&D products, raw materials, etc., obtained using instrumentation, such as, HPLC, GC, UV/Vis, FT-IR, Karl Fisher, capillary viscosity, NMR, etc.
- Assist project leader in establishing project objectives to deliver against customer requests
- Review laboratory data for accuracy, consistency and completeness; identify results with potential issues requiring further investigation.
- Coordinate and advise laboratory personnel in the completion of development projects as necessary
- Work with Technical/Engineering Group to develop/scale-up processes from lab-scale to commercial production
- Interpret and communicate project milestones/accomplishments via technical reports and/or presentations
- Continuous self-education and development on chemistries relevant to company core competencies
- Enforce safety to all Plant/Lab personnel.
- PhD, MS or BS in chemistry or related field required.
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation theory and practice, specifically, GC, HPLC, NMR and FT-IR.
- Knowledge of organic chemistry and laboratory experimental techniques
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and willing to work overtime depending project demand
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently to deliver on project goals