The Process Engineer position directs and performs process improvements in current manufacturing equipment and assists in the introduction of new processes into new or existing equipment. This position will make detailed observations and analyses, resolves issues, improves documents, and proposes and implements process improvement opportunities.
- Maintain Safety as the number one priority in conducting daily responsibilities, responding to production team needs, and developing and implementing process improvements for quality, waste and productivity improvement
- Support process trials and ensure successful transfer of projects moving from lab to pilot then to full scale production.
- Provide support to manufacturing in the evaluation, purchase, installation and optimization of new or used production equipment. This also includes improvements in procedures and productivity.
- Develop and implement methods to systematically evaluate and analyze manufacturing processes/equipment issues and data from failures; create and implement recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Analyze complex formulas, equipment, specifications, drawings, and other engineering data to develop process for new products, technologies, and production processes to meet the goals of the company and its customers
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to resolve problems and optimize safety, output, quality and reduce costs
- Determination of the maximum capacity of existing process equipment and propose capacity after process improvement activities
- Design, implementation and troubleshooting of chemical manufacturing equipment such as reactors, heat exchangers, filtration, reactor control systems, etc
- Able to work without supervision. Independent action required and inter-functional coordination
- Thorough understanding of equipment and chemicals.
- Interaction with the product development, manufacturing, quality, and purchasing groups as well as with suppliers (as needed)
- Ability to document linkage of all product components, specifications and processes for product traceability
- Create and maintain plant P&ID’s
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, 3+ years related experience, or M.S. in Chemical Engineering with 2+ years related experience