The primary role of this position is to provide engineering and technical support to a polymer manufacturing facility.
- Supervise and direct the maintenance department.
- Manage and implement multiple capital projects, permits, and perform engineering functions in a plant production environment.
- Analyze and reengineer tasks and jobs to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and/or adapt to new circumstances.
- Develop and maintain reliability improvement / tracking programs for critical assets.
- Serve as leader and/or member of cross-functional teams to resolve equipment problems, investigate incidents, and improve reliability.
- Plan and manage significant capital expenditure projects.
- Perform root-cause failure analysis on critical equipment failures.
- Perform component failure analysis as required.
- Witness repairs to critical equipment and performance testing of new equipment as needed.
- Develop and oversee preventative maintenance program.
- Participate actively in department/plant safety and environmental programs.
- Develop/Review/Maintain equipment specifications as related to purchasing, installation, operation, performance, and maintenance/repairs.
- Provide day-to-day engineering support for plant manufacturing and maintenance.
- Provide technical support to production and other departments.
- Have direct interaction with customers pertaining to the production of their related products.
- Facilitate the manufacturing of products with a focus on safety, quality and efficiency.
- PhD in Chemistry, BS in Chemical Engineering, or other engineering disciplines.
- Computer Skills: MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, ERP Reporting.