Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials for purposes, such as research and development of new products or processes, quality control, maintenance of environmental standards, and other work involving experimental, theoretical, or practical application of chemistry and related sciences.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical and chemical separation techniques, and microscopy.
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials of raw materials and and gaseous materials of raw materials and product batches.
- Provide technical support and assistance to chemists and engineers.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas.
- Maintain, clean, and calibrate laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Work with Laboratory Administrative in ordering and inventorying materials to maintain supplies.
- Assist in developing QC methods of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products. Document results in notebooks and batch sheets.
- Communicate results to shift lead and keep fellow lab technicians, analysts, and supervisor informed of batch status.
- Complete RMCRs by documenting inspection results.
- Maintain files for Certificates of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Abide by all Company and OSHA lab safety standards set for work areas.
- Abide by all FDA and applicable Quality standards.
- Don safety equipment and follow instructions for evacuating in case of fire or chemical emergency.
- Minimum of High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- B.S. in Chemistry/Biology/Science field is a plus.
- 4 to 5 years related experience.
- General laboratory skills.
- Computer Skills – MS Word and Excel .