The Human Resources Sr. Generalist is a hands-on-role that is responsible for performing HR-related duties supporting two plant locations, located in Easley and Pendleton, SC. Working closely with leaders, this position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy adherence, WC claim management, support of timekeeping, employment law compliance, and payroll changes.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Administer Family Medical Leave, short-term disability, and manage worker’s compensation claims
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Train leaders on federal and state regulations regarding employment law and compliance
- Administer educational assistance application process and tuition reimbursement programs
- Acts as an employee relations specialist; handle employee investigations, coaching and counseling
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Develops and maintains EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits I-9 Forms
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary
- Other administrative duties necessary to support HR department
- Ability to drive to other sites as needed
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Detail oriented with a high sense of urgency
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues professionally
• Has working knowledge of HR best practices and compliance with government and legal regulations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills