The position will be responsible for all aspects of personal safety, product quality, and production efficiency in the manufacturing of the finish goods. Duties will include the operation of reactors as well as filling, loading, and unloading of systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Operates production equipment and monitors process conditions, key performance metrics, equipment and control systems in order to make appropriate decisions to maintain and/or achieve desired rates and conditions.
- Batch manufacturing to including weighing and charging raw materials to vessels and tanks, transferring products from vessels to storage tanks and other containers.
- Follows company policies, principles, procedures, standards, and practices to ensure safe and reliable operation.
- Read, record and interpret data from instruments, reactors, pumps, etc. to adjust as required to affect efficient and safe operations.
- Understand the key process variables which impact product and quality/consistency and understand how to control and troubleshoot them.
- Maintains good housekeeping and work areas and assist in general cleanup.
- Fully support Ortec’s goals of zero workplace safety incidents and participates in EHS programs.
- Ability to mentor and train new and existing personnel on process operations.
- Safely operate forklift, lifts and hand trucks.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Basic Computer & Math Knowledge