This position is responsible for providing daily direction to the laboratory staff. Hands-on support is provided to the production group, development laboratory and laboratory staff. The manager will provide leadership for designated analytical development programs and coordinate critical within-laboratory programs. Maintain analytical instrumentation and methodology.
- Write or revise standard operating procedures for new and existing administration practices, test methods and equipment. Ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with ORTEC procedures and policies.
- Participate in product transfer and method validation. Define and implement laboratory specific goals to support these projects.
- Implement appropriate corrective and preventative actions. Coordinate and also perform investigation specific testing.
- Coordinate and ensure effectiveness of equipment calibration and maintenance programs. Perform maintenance, repair and qualification of complex equipment. Train and qualify junior staff to perform routine instrument maintenance and calibration.
- Create analytical method training programs and perform training.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses. Monitor test results to ensure compliance to ISO standards and specifications.
- Lead in developing/ improving QC sampling and analysis methods to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products.
- Represent the laboratory during audits and client based technology reviews.
- Complete annual staff performance reviews. As needed, design and implement performance improvement plans and targeted developmental training.
- Abide by all Company and OSHA lab safety standards set for work areas.
- Advanced degree required, BS +10 years, MS +5 years, PhD. (preference will be given to those with degree in relevant field)
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation theory and practice, specifically, GC, pH, HPLC, Karl Fischer, FT-IR, etc.
- Knowledge of wet chemistry techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.