General industrial plant maintenance, repair, and installation.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Perform and document routine calibrations on process equipment and instruments.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Abide by all Company and OSHA safety standards set for work areas.
- Abide by all FDA and applicable Quality standards.
- Don safety equipment and to follow instructions for evacuating in case of fire or chemical emergency.
- Three to seven years related experience, preferred