This position will perform electrical and controls maintenance on utilities and production equipment in a manufacturing plant. They will install, maintain, calibrate process electrical / controls / monitoring devices with the ability to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions. In addition, they will be expected to interface with technical, operations and management to support the production process in a safe manner.
- Follow all OSHA guidelines that pertain to electrical duties
- Operate a variety of electrical testing equipment in locating and determining types of electrical malfunctions.
- Run rigid and EMT conduit and pull/terminate wiring
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems to operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, replaces and commissions all electrical control devices including: AC drives, DC drives, contactors, motors, breakers, solenoids power supplies and indicator lights.
- Makes wiring changes on all production equipment as required.
- Performs electrical preventative maintenance at scheduled intervals as assigned.
- Reads electrical schematics.
- Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be available for overtime on off hours and weekends as needed.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Three to Five years industrial experience. VFD and PLC experience a plus